The incident took place last month in the US state of Colorado around 4:40 am.

A pet dog’s curiosity in America turned deadly for a family when the family pet accidentally turned on the stove at night while its owners slept. The family was saved from disaster when their Apple HomePad, a home assistant device, sent them an alert to report “severe heat”. This incident was caught on a camera installed in the kitchen.

The incident took place last month in the US state of Colorado around 4:40 am. A CCTV video showed the dog pawing at the kitchen counter as it turned on the stove.

The camera showed the dog on its hind legs and switching on the stove. Within moments, a few boxes on the stove caught fire, which quickly engulfed the kitchen. Another video shows the kitchen engulfed in flames and filled with smoke, setting off the fire alarm.

On Wednesday, June 26 at 4:43 a.m. CSFD was dispatched to a home on the 1600 block of Rushmore Dr. for a possible structure fire. Homeowners reported to our callers that they had experienced a stove fire in their home extinguished by one of the… pic.twitter.com/lohlgUvC2q

— CSFD PIO (@CSFDPIO) July 2, 2024

At the time, the Apple HomePad sent an alert to owners who woke up to a “high hat” notification. One of them put out the fire before the fire department arrived.

When fire department officials arrived, they saw the video recorded in the kitchen and shared it on social media. The video has over 13,000 views on X.

The owner was taken to a local hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. No other injuries were reported.

“It’s a good reminder to always have working smoke alarms inside and outside every sleeping area and on every floor of the house, make sure all combustibles are away from your stove/oven, And know two ways out of every room in your home in the event of a fire,” the fire department said in a post on X.

X users criticized the owners for their negligence after the incident, saying flammable containers should not have been placed on top of the stove. Others warned that a similar incident involving a child could occur.





Source link