Prince HarryThe next interview has come out.

On July 10, ITV announced that the Duke of Sussex, 39, had taken part in a new documentary about phone hacking. Tabloids on trial It is set to premiere on Thursday, July 25.

ITV Royals editor Chris Shipp wrote x,” he tells our reporter. @BeccaBarry Why is he fighting to expose the illegal activities of Britain’s tabloid newspapers? Hugh Grant, Charlotte Church, Paul Gascoigne also speaks. ‘Tabloids on Trial’ ITV1, July 25 at 9pm”

The update comes with two new photos of Prince Harry from the interview. One shot showed the Duke of Sussex solo, and another captured him sitting on a sofa chatting with health correspondent Barry on ITV News.

The Hollywood Reporter said the documentary “exposes the illegal practices of Britain’s tabloid press and what those in charge of Fleet Street really knew after the scandal broke”.

King Charles‘ Son has recently joined. Four lawsuits against newspaper publishers in the UK On allegations of phone hacking and other illegal activities.

Separately, the Duke of Sussex lost his legal challenge. have to do Police Security in the UK Earlier this year. He previously said he “felt compelled”. Step back from your royal role. and left the UK in 2020 citing security concerns for his family – his wife, Meghan MarkleAnd their two children Prince Archie5, and Princess Lilibet, 3. High Court judge Peter Lane upheld the UK government’s decision not to grant him automatic protection in the country and to reduce his security, but allowed Prince Harry to appeal. The order read by Lord Justice Bain read, “Although Sir Peter Lane’s careful judgment may in all respects be correct, I am convinced, without hesitation, that the appeal on ground 1 I will have a real chance of success.”

Prince Harry arrives to give evidence in the Mirror Group phone hacking trial at the Rolls Building of the High Court on June 06, 2023 in London, England.

Neil Mockford/GC Images


In December 2023, Harry emerged victorious In its lawsuit against Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN) over allegations of phone hacking and other illegal activities. The trial began in May 2023, and he made history last June as the first senior member of the British royal family to testify in court in 130 years when he took the stand to testify against the newspaper group. .

Although he was not present when the judge ruled and awarded him nearly $180,000 against MGN, he called the decision “affirmative” in a statement. Powerful statement His lawyer David Sherborne read.

“Today is a great day for truth as well as accountability,” Prince Harry said in part. “I’ve been told that slaying dragons will burn you. But in light of today’s victory and the importance of what needs to be done for a free and honest press – it’s a price worth paying. Mission to be continued.”

The passionate tongue recalled comments the Duke of Sussex made in an ITV interview at the time of the release of his memoir, Spare, In January 2023.

“One of the reasons I’m transitioning the mission of transforming the media landscape in the UK from a personal one to my life’s work is that a large part of it continues,” Prince Harry said. Depends on the legal battles.” Tom Bradby, Wells Online Reported

The Duke of Sussex from the mid-1990s to 2016 (per Reuters) and Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL) for two separate issues.

Prince Harry, Elton John And Elizabeth Hurley Among the high profile people suing ANL are: Daily mail And Mail on SundayTo collect illegal information. Harry may then be called to give evidence in a London court. Lose an attempt The Mail on Sunday’s defense is to have its defamation case dismissed.

Some of the cases in the NGN case are likely to be heard in January 2025.

Prince Harry at the Invictus Games on September 15, 2023 in Dusseldorf, Germany.

Lucas Schulz/Getty Images


Can’t get enough coverage of People’s Royals? Sign up for our free Royals newsletter. Get the latest updates on Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle and more!

At the end of June was the Duke of Sussex. Ordered to explain. How potential evidence has disappeared in his case against NGN after he was accused of destroying documents and communications.

Attorney Anthony Hudson, representing The Sun’s publisher, told the court on June 27 that Prince Harry had deleted the draft. Spareas well as messages with the book’s past author, JR Moehringer.

According to court papers obtained by PEOPLE, Harry’s attorney, Sherborne, accused NGN of a “transparent, old-fashioned fishing campaign.”

“NGN’s tactical and slow approach to disclosure completely undermines the deliberately sensationalist claim that [the Duke of Sussex] Sherborne said in court documents that he had not properly conducted the disclosure exercise. “This is incorrect. Indeed, the claimant has already made it clear that he has conducted extensive searches beyond his responsibilities.”

Sherborne added that the steps included a physical search of Prince Harry’s California home, confirming that old email addresses were no longer accessible and making inquiries to the “Royal House” about relevant documents. Is.

Announcement about Tabloids on trial Before Prince Harry’s appearance 2024 ESPY Awards July 11 in Los Angeles, where he will receive Pat Tillman Award for Service In recognition of the impact his Invictus Games Foundation has made since its inception a decade ago.



Source link