Police on Monday formed 11 teams and launched a massive manhunt to nab terrorists who attacked a bus full of pilgrims in Jammu’s Reasi district, killing nine people and injuring 42 others, while authorities He said that he suspected the hand of a terrorist organization based in Pakistan. Lashkar-e-Taiba is behind the terrorist attack.

Rescue work is going on in Riasi on Monday. (PTI)

The State Investigation Agency and the National Investigation Agency also joined the investigation and collected evidence from the attack site in Tarith. Police questioned some local residents. The 53-seater bus was carrying pilgrims from the Shiv Khori temple in Reasi to Katra, when terrorists opened fire at Teriath village in Reasi at around 6.10 pm on Sunday evening. Just woke up in the ditch.

Cricket in history, cricket in late! Watch the game anytime, anywhere on Cricket. Find out how

Also read- Raisi bus terror attack: Nine victims, four from Rajasthan, three from UP

Officials believe that the terrorists involved in the attack may be hiding in the nearby forests, and drones and quadcopters are needed to track down the attackers.

“According to our preliminary information from eyewitnesses and footprints from the area, two to three terrorists were possibly involved in the attack on the bus. Our investigation is ongoing and operations are underway in the area,” Odham said. Pur Deputy Inspector General of Police Raees Mohammad Bhat said.

“We have called many people for questioning. As far as the analysis so far is concerned, we see Lashkar’s hand,” he added.

A two-year-old child is also among the dead.

It is the worst terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir in two years and has sent a wave of outrage across the country.

Also read- ‘We were afraid the terrorists would come down, kill us on the spot’: Raisi attack survivor

The Jammu region has been peaceful for two decades, but officials said it is used by terrorists as a transit point to reach the Kashmir Valley after crossing the Line of Control from Poonch and Rajouri.

The attack took place a few weeks before the start of the annual Amarnath Yatra and the upcoming assembly elections, which are to be held before September on the Supreme Court’s directive to the Election Commission of India.

Forensic teams are trying to trace the weapons used by the attackers and their composition and have collected empty shells from the attack site, officials privy to the details said.

Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha said that a joint operation has been launched against terrorists in Riasi and the culprits of the bus attack will not be spared. Sinha interacted with the injured passengers.

Sinha said, “I have already met the injured…Police, CRPF and Army have launched a joint operation and efforts are on to bring to justice those who are responsible for the attempted attack. ,” Sinha said.

He said that efforts are being made to revive militancy in Jammu region.

The first priority is to rescue the injured. I have spoken to the Prime Minister and the Home Minister, and I assure people that whoever is responsible for this attack will not be spared,” he said.

Also read- ‘Would have to start a war with Pakistan if…’: Union minister says presidential terror attack ‘deliberate’

Sinha also approved the ex-gratia. 10 lakhs for the next of kin of pilgrims and ” 50,000 per person for the injured.

Three shadow groups affiliated to Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammed initially claimed responsibility for the attack. But in the face of widespread condemnation and outrage, the groups backtracked on their statements. The People’s Anti-Fascist Force (PAFF), Revival of Resistance (both affiliated to Jaish), and The Resistance Front (affiliated to Lashkar-e-Taiba) initially took to social media to claim their involvement in the attack.

Protests against the attack were held across Jammu on Monday. The Congress also staged a protest in Jammu and blamed the government for failing to protect the lives of pilgrims. Congress Vice President Raman Bhalla said that the government should take every step to protect the lives of innocent citizens. “This attack has exposed major concerns about security in Jammu and Kashmir.”

On Monday evening, Lt. Governor Manoj Sinha chaired a high-level security review meeting with officials of the Jammu and Kashmir Police and Civil Administration at Police Headquarters, Jammu. Later, in a post on X, he said: “I chaired a security review meeting with J&K police and civil administration officials. I assure people that those who attacked pilgrims in Riasi and their Those who help will be punished.



Source link